This was around the time that the magic of Spotify took hold of me and I learned that one can make a private playlist of all the songs one is embarrassed to admit that one loves. I had a means, I had a name and so the Mouse Carnival rolled into town, pitched it’s marquee in my mind and the mice have been dancing there ever since.
Over the years the Mouse Carnival has become a bit popular and most of my friends are quite happy to sit through it. Some people even specifically request to listen to it.
What can you expect at the Mouse Carnival?
- Echoes and watery sounds
- Beeps, peeps & squeaks
- Falsetto and vocals that sound slightly off (high or low or a bit weird)
- Chanting – oh oh oh hey! hey! hey!
- Wailing – ooooohhhhoooohhh aaaahhhoooowww
- Happy music with painfully sad lyrics
- Moments of silence
- Pretty or clever sentences
- Ideally there would also be some kind of gorgeous artwork representing the artist
Co-founder, The Clean Sheet